Low Calorie Choc Chip Cookies
Makes 24 DECENT sized cookies
Calories per cookie: 63
- 125g butter, softened (i used flora light 40% margarine)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk (i used lite milk)
- 1/2 cup nestle milk chocolate bits
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl until pale and creamy.
3. Add egg and mix until well combined.
4. Sift flour and baking powder over butter mixture. Add milk and stir until just combined.
5. Add choc bits. Using hands, knead dough to distribute chocolate.
6. Roll small amounts (should take up about half your palm) into balls, pressing down onto tray. Repeat until mixture is used up.
7. Bake for 15 – 18 minues, swapping trays over in oven after 10 minutes. Cook until light golden. Allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes. serve
i made these today and didn’t realise how low calorie they were until i put it into the recipe section in myfitnesspal! and they taste good too! seriously you have to try these. yummy and low calorie!